Do you need help with your Sitecom
product? No problem!
Please fill in the product code and select the version number so we can
provide you with resources such as FAQs, software, manuals and
300N Gigabit Router X3 | WL-351
Q I am unable to establish a connection when I enter the WPA2 codeA
Make sure you have entered the code which you can find on the bottom of the router correctly. It is easy, for instance, to mistake an O (the capital o) for a 0 (the number 0) and a 1 (the number 1) for an I (a capital i) or an l (the letter L). Also bear in mind that the code is case-sensitive, so an A is not the same as an a.
Q Whenever I try to connect with my wireless network, I am asked for a PIN code.A
This appears when the wireless client cannot detect the router's WPS/OPS-function. In this case click on “I want to enter the network key or passphrase instead”.
Q My router has an OPS-button and my wireless client doesn't; how can I connect?A
Select your network and enter the WPA2 code. The network name and the WPA2 code can be found at the bottom of the router. See the manual for more details.
Q I've forgotten the password of my wireless network.A
We recommend that you reset the router by pressing and holding the OPS-button on the router for at least 20 seconds. Your router is now reset to factory settings. You can connect again with the router by following the steps in the installation guide.
Q My wireless connection is poor. How can I rectify this?A
A discontinuous or slow wireless connection can be caused by interference with the wireless signal transmitted by your router. Often, these disruptions can be rectified by changing the wireless channel in your router. There are 13 wireless channels available. Each wireless channel works on a different frequency, so the strength of the signal varies. This depends on the amount of interference on the frequency in question.
It is advisable to test all the wireless channels until you find the channel with the best signal strength. You only have to change the setting in your router; your PC will automatically use the same setting.
Q Can I set my network to a security type other than the standard security?A
Officially, only WPA2 (WPA-AES) is supported by the 802.11N standard. If you use WPA1 (WPA-TKIP), unexpected problems may arise such as loss of connection. We strongly advise against using WEP, because of the poor encryption.
Q Firmware FixlistA
- Added Disable WPS PIN option
- Fixed Apple Bonjour Compatibility issue
- Added NO-IP and removed 3322 DDNS provider
- Changed WPS led behaviour
- Added PPTP and L2TP passthrough in Advanced Settings->Application Layer Gateway
- Fixed MAC OSX 10.7 Safari browsing issue
Q My router cannot connect to my Telenet Belgium modem.A
This issue is caused by an IP conflict between the Telenet modem and the Sitecom router. Both devices use 192.168.0.1 as IP address. To solve this you have to modify the IP address of the Sitecom router. Please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the Sitecom router is installed and connected as described in the Quick Installation Guide that comes with the device.
- Open a webbrowser, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press ENTER.
- Login with the username and password described on the backlabel of the router. When a separate infosticker is supplied the details can be found on there as well.
- When logged in, click on the tab “DHCP Server”.
- Change the IP address from “192.168.0.1” to “192.168.1.1”.
- Click Apply. Depending on the routermodel you have you will get a warning message or another page with an “Apply” button. Click the button.
- Close all screens and reboot your computer.
Your Telenet connection should now work in combination with your Sitecom router.
Q My solution is not listed
300N Gigabit Router X3 | WL-351
Firmware Source code GPL
Note that these downloads are completely unnecessary
unless you plan to do programming to alter the code.
version number V1 - 001 file size 0.27 kb
version number V1 - 001 file size 2788.09 kb
version number V1 - 001 file size 2766.74 kb
version number V1 - 001 file size 2612.33 kb