Position: Compliance Officer
Employment: 40 hours/week
Education: Bachelor's degree
Work experience: 2 years minimum
Language: English and preferably also Dutch
Location HQ: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Are you a detail-oriented professional with a passion for ensuring compliance with the latest regulations and standards? We're looking for a Compliance Officer to join our dynamic team at Fresh ‘n Rebel in Rotterdam. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our Director of Product Development and play in important part in upholding our commitment to quality, safety and adherence to EU regulations in the mobile accessories, headphones and speakers industry. Are you the person we’re looking for? Apply now and be a driving force behind our commitment to providing products that meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
So, what are you going to do?
- Partner with the Director of Product Development to craft and execute compliance strategies aligned with EU regulations and industry best practices;
- Keep up with the ever-evolving regulatory landscape, staying ahead of the curve on requirements and certifications relevant to our product portfolio;
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with Asia-based testing firms for seamless product testing and certification;
- Act as the bridge between our organisation and certification agencies, ensuring our products meet the highest safety and quality standards;
- Conduct thorough product compliance assessments, including a careful review of technical documentation, labels and packaging to ensure conformity;
- Identify potential compliance risks through comprehensive risk assessments and provide well-informed recommendations for resolution;
- Develop and implement internal compliance policies, procedures and robust training programs for our team;
- Continuously monitor regulatory changes and communicate updates in time to all relevant stakeholders;
- Actively participate in both internal and external audits aimed at evaluating our compliance performance;
- Prepare detailed reports and documentation related to our compliance activities.
And what have you got?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Engineering, Product Management, or Compliance;
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in EU regulations, including CE marking, RoHS, REACH, and WEEE;
- Experience in collaborating with Asia-based testing companies for product testing and certification is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with international product safety and quality standards;
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills to interpret complex regulations and standards effectively;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling seamless collaboration with cross-functional teams and external partners;
- You are proactive, self-motivated and capable of working independently;
- Previous experience in compliance, regulatory affairs or quality assurance is preferred;
- Proficiency in English and preferably also Dutch. Knowledge of other languages is a valuable asset.
But, what’s in it for me?
We offer a competitive salary package and a supportive work environment where you can grow and develop your skills. You will have an important contribution to a fast-growing company.
About Fresh ‘n Rebel and Sitecom
Sitecom Europe B.V. is the privately-owned parent company of the brands Fresh ‘n Rebel and Sitecom. Both brands are mainly active in Europe and have great ambitions to further expand in both existing and new markets. With around 40 employees in Europe and a small team in Shenzhen, China, we are engaged in the development, marketing and sales of products to the most prominent retailers, e-tailers and directly through our own channels.
Fresh 'n Rebel is a young, cool, dynamic and fast growing brand that designs, produces and sells mobile must-haves such as wireless speakers, headphones and powerbanks throughout Europe (retailers) and its own webshop. Fresh 'n Rebel products can be recognized by their urban, colourful designs with a fashionable look and high quality materials. With Fresh 'n Rebel products you want to be seen and everything from the collection is a real addition to your style. You can find more information on www.freshnrebel.com.
For more than 20 years Sitecom has been an established brand in connectivity products (such as USB adapters, hubs, card readers and cables) and charging products (such as wall chargers and wireless chargers). You can find more information on www.sitecom.com.
Are you the perfect match?
Do you think you are the one we are looking for? Send us your motivation letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: Compliance Officer. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.